The Complete Book of Massage is designed to show you how to enjoy the many therapeutic benefits of massage and share the caring and healing aspects of massage with your partner, friends and family. By explaining the basic techniques and giving detailed sequences for massaging every part of the body, it enables you to develop your own unique massage style and create specially tailored programmes. This comprehensive and accessable guide is the ideal introduction for anyone who wants to learn professional techniques.
- Learn how to massage all the areas of the body - with checklists outlining the practical dos and don'ts
- Explanations of basic anatomy to teach you how to make your massages work better
- In-depth step-by-steps show you how to perform the techniques of effleurage, petrissage, soft-tissue release, stretch and draw, cam and spindle, compression and dermal lifting
- Includes self-massage techniques to relieve back pain, alleviate tension headaches, counter repetitive strain injury (RSI) and ease muscular cramps
- Special sections focus on Indian head massage and hand-and-foot massage, offering head-to-toe programmes that can be customized for your particular problem areas